1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups milk
⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1lb of chicken breast
- ½ pound of spinach
Prepare The Batter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Allow the batter to rest for a couple of minutes while you prepare the filling.
Prepare The Filling
- Slice and roughly mince your chicken breast and season it to perfection.
- In a lightly coated pan of olive oil sauté your minced chicken breast for roughly 5 minutes while continuously stirring on medium to high heat.
- Turn off the heat and add in your spinach with your favorite seasoning.
Cooked The Stuffed Waffle
Pour your waffle batter a quarter of the way in your Stuffed Waffle Iron.
- Add the chicken and spinach mixture on top of the batter (try to spread evenly and as close to the sides as possible without touching).
- Proceed to cover the filling with the waffle batter and cook roughly 3 -5 minutes each side or until golden and crispy.
- Remove the waffle from the maker and allow it to cool for a minute or two.
- Optionally, drizzle some maple syrup over the stuffed waffle for added sweetness.
- Serve the Chicken and Spinach waffle warm and enjoy!