4 stuffed waffles
What is the best way to satisfy your sweet tooth in the morning while still have a filling breakfast? This Mediterranean Stuffed Waffle recipe is only possible by the amazing Wonderffle Stuffed Waffle Iron. The mix of salty and fresh vegetables and feta cheese stuffed into soft on the inside and crispy on the outside waffles is the best start of the day!
To create these mediterranean wonders start by mixing a simple waffle batter that strikes the perfect balance between light and crispy. Using the Stuffed Waffle Iron, prepare the stuffed waffles.
The filling is made with fresh cherry tomatoes, corm, and salty feta cheese. Add seasoning to your liking and cook to perfection. Serve immediately with more of the summary mix.
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ¾ Cups Milk
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Can Sweet Corn, drained
- ½ Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
In a mixing bowl combine the corn, feta, tomato, olive oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Don’t overmix, some lumps in the batter are okay.
- Heat the Wonderful to medium heat and brush with a little olive oil. Pour ⅓ cup of the batter into the bottom waffle pan to cover the waffle grids.
Add the filling.
Cover with more waffle batter to fill to the rim of the bottom pan. Close the Wonderful and flip. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- Remove the waffle from the Wonderffle using the inserted thongs.
- Serve immediately with more of the mix on top.