1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups milk
⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- Maple syrup (optional, for serving)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Allow the batter to rest for a couple of minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Combine the peanut butter, sliced bananas and the cinnamon in a bowl and gently mix.
Pour your waffle batter a quarter of the way in your Stuffed Waffle Iron.
- Add the peanut butter, banana, and cinnamon mixture on top of the batter (try to spread evenly and as close to the sides as possible without touching).
Proceed to cover the filling with the waffle batter and cook roughly 5 minutes each side or until golden and crispy.
Remove the stuffed waffle and allow it to cool for a minute or two.
- Optionally, drizzle some maple syrup over the stuffed waffle for added sweetness.
- Serve the peanut butter and banana stuffed waffle warm and enjoy!